Genetics issues in ancient India

Bhadraiah Mallampalli vaidix at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Dec 1 19:47:57 UTC 2000

>From: Swaminathan Madhuresan <smadhuresan at YAHOO.COM>

> >Another common error in these papers -- one shared by the Kivisild&
> >Disotell studies -- is to assume close overlap between genes and
> >language, ignoring acculturation issues.
>
>Take the case of the Tamil and Sinhalese in Sri Lanka, or
>Kannada and Marathi persons in India. Genes from parallel castes  will
>almost identical, even tho' they speak Dravidian and Aryan
>langauges.

Was there any survey re: Anglo Indians in India? Many of them were there in
India since Britishers first landed. Some of them I over heard Bangalore
still look foreigners who just landed, but they can speak impressively in
original Kannada and Hindi. If Aryans could mix up quickly in 500 years how
long it will take for Anglo Indians to look like Punjabis? I hope this will
be a quickie.

Regards
Bhadraiah