History of Mughalstan

Anand M. Sharan asharan at ENGR.MUN.CA
Wed Aug 30 20:43:01 UTC 2000

After watching for some time, I feel that this discussion should include
the following information:

1. Bakhtiar Khilji , whenhe captured Bihar, burnt the Nalanda University
library . The books were burning for approximately six months. The burning
of libraries was not unprecedented . Even the Alexandria University was
burnt in the early Christian Era .

2. Allauddin Khilji had imposed one of the heaviest taxes on his subjects.

3. Malik Kaafoor had destroyed temples in South India .

The religion has divided mankind much more than it has united , in our
history . I wish people do not practise ideals of wrong people.

Thanks.

Anand M. Sharan