Hindu names for Kashmiri Muslims

Rajesh Kochhar rkk at NISTADS.RES.IN
Fri Aug 11 07:17:16 UTC 2000

There are many instances of Muslims' retaining their pre-conversion
(high-caste) surnames even after coversion.That is how you have Bhats and
D(h)ars among Muslims. The Pakistani journalist Najam Sethi has a  Punjabi
surname.There was a Pakistani journal during the Bangla Desh war , Rao
Farman Ali;Rao denotes his Ahir caste.More generally,  Khatris converting to
Islam have been called Khojas.

 Rajesh Kochhar
: