question on dates?

Madhav Deshpande mmdesh at UMICH.EDU
Sat Sep 11 02:23:53 UTC 1999

Dear colleagues,

        I have a mundane Indological question.  I am trying to find out
the dates of these two authors, and any help would be appreciated:

        Mahaadeva, author of a commentary on the Satyaa.saa.dha
zrautasuutra

        Raamaa.n.daara/Raamaagnicit, author of a commentary on Aapastamba
zrautasuutrabhaa.sya

        The dates of these two may help me settle the date of an author
who cites them, especially if they are later than Maadhavaacaarya of the
14th century.

        Best,
                                Madhav Deshpande