varna and jati

Stephens jpstephen at HOME.COM
Fri May 28 22:05:13 UTC 1999

> >Let Mr. Siva and Unnikrishan take an oath to create 1000 super >carnatic
> >musicians from non-brahmins, there by prove their points.
>
> Why should they? Why can't the dravidians indigenously do so?

I have to agree with Mr. Nanda Chandran on this. Why can't the non-brahmins
become more culturally aware and learn carnatic music, bharatanatyam etc?

I think all of us emotional Indians should pause for a moment and look among
our friends, classmates and neighbours and see if we would consider them
self-serving, culture destroying, etc. I certainly would not.

One final question, if the brahmins that came to Tamilnadu were such a
culture destroying bunch, then why is Tamil their mother tongue?

Sujatha