Nambudiris

Vishal Agarwal vishalagarwal at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue May 25 01:57:32 UTC 1999

----Original Message Follows----
From: Vidyasankar Sundaresan <vsundaresan at HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject: Re: Nambudiris
Date: Sun, 23 May 1999 21:53:59 PDT

Swantham <swantham at TECHPARK.NET> wrote:

>Dear Sir,
>Thank you for the query.It is believed that the Kadamba king
>Mayura(340-370A.D.) brought the Brahmins to Kerala.

Vishal asks:

I have a related question and would be obliged if List members could answer
the same. The Syrian ('St. Thomas) Christians of Kerala claim that their
anscestors were Nambudiri Brahmins who were converted by Thomas, the
disciple of Jesus, in the 1st Cent. C.E. If the Nambudiris were not around
then, then how could this have been possible? Are the claims of the St
Thomas Christians false?

Regards

Vishal