Grammatical question. Strange case of doubled j's

Harry Spier harryspier at HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Mar 6 16:40:27 UTC 1999

The Uddhava Gita verse 9.45 last line reads:

vicaSTe mayi sarvAtmajjyotirjyotiSi saMyutam ||

I had thought that the doubled jj's might be a misprint, or that
the "a" before the j's should have been "A" but I asked an elderly
Indian gentlemen who had been speaking sanskrit all his life and he said
that it was correct and he knew this intuitively by the pronounciation
but couldn't give the rule.  Could someone confirm if this is correct
and if so why.

Thank you

Harry Spier