Ref. check- Possible misprint in critical edition Bhag. Gita

DEVARAKONDA VENKATA NARAYANA SARMA narayana at HD1.DOT.NET.IN
Sat Feb 27 02:33:06 UTC 1999

At 03:12 PM 2/26/99 EST, you wrote:
>I'm using Harvard-Kyoto (HK) convention in the following.
>
>This line reads:  "dRSTvaiva kAlAnilasaMnibhAni"
>

>But in J.A.B. van Buitenen's edition "The Bhagavadgita in the
>Mahabharata" which is based on the B.O.R.I. critical edition (and all
>other texts I've checked) the line reads:
> "dRSTvaiva kAlAnalasaMnibhAni"
>
>For this line Belvalkar only lists the variation:
>dRSTvaiva  :  dRSTveva
>
>This makes me wonder if "kAlAnilasaMnibhAni" might be a misprint?

At the time of praLaya there will be both "kAlAnala" as well as "kAlAnila".
Thus both variations can be there but perhaps the verb dRStvA favours
"kAlAnala".