Astronomy (Agarwal)

N. Ganesan naga_ganesan at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Dec 8 17:34:03 UTC 1999

An Indologist once suggested that people knowing at least one
Indian language well can write in a scholarly forum devoted
to ancient India. Perhaps also, a quote from an academic journal, an
Indian text or a university publication will help to rise above mere
opinions on munda, sanskrit, tamil.

Regards,
N. Ganesan

Prof. Witzel wrote:
<<<
After reading the message quoted below, members of Indology perhaps
can understand Dominik Wujastyk's sigh of exasperation. I add my own
one(s) here.

For the first kind, i.e.  "I am new... isn't X interesting", there is
only one answer:  "READ the "scope of INDOLOGY statement" on the
Indology web site!"
i.e. "The forum is targetted at professional participants ... not
primarily for ... undergraduates ... amateur interest...;  elementary
questions ..elsewhere;  ....    you are welcome to lurk....
etc. , etc.,  et  cetera.