Paaravatii's names

DAVID GRAY dbgray62 at HOME.COM
Sat Aug 21 15:59:27 UTC 1999

In Tibetan texts I have found several references to a goddess named
"dka' thub zlog ma", "She who thwarts/turns back ascesis (tapas)."  The
goddess clearly is Paaravatii, the name refering to her disturbance of
Siva's asceticism.  I could venture a guess that term might be
translation of a  Sanskrit compound such as "taponivartinii", but I was
wondering if anyone has encountered this name in Sanskrit texts, and if
so how it occurs in Sanskrit. Thank you.

David Gray
Columbia University