SV: Sanskrit plays on European stages (and elsewhere)

Madhav Deshpande mmdesh at UMICH.EDU
Fri Nov 13 20:55:03 UTC 1998

Professor S.D. Joshi's Sanskrit rendering of Hamlet was published as:
        candrasena.h, durgadezasya yuvaraaja.h
        Sanskrit adaptation of Shakespeare's Hamlet,
        Publications of the CASS, Class G, No. 1
        Pune, University of Pune, 1980

        There are a number of renderings of European/ mostly English works
into Sanskrit.  I will go through the materials that I have and come up
with a list of some of these items.
                                        Madhav Deshpande