Paired Horse and PIE breakup

Dominique.Thillaud thillaud at UNICE.FR
Sun Nov 8 10:25:19 UTC 1998

Dear Mark,
        You wrote (Sat, 7 Nov 1998 00:35:44 -0500):
>Doesn't this sound a little like ...
        But, few time before (Fri, 6 Nov 1998 23:45:21 -0500):
>I am a computer scientist and engineer.
        Hence, I'm able to suppose you have some knowledge of combinatories
and statistics:
        - assuming that for each word there is a score of synonymous or
quasi-synonymous (lying in the same semantic field) and twice many
metaphores.
        - assuming that for each "sound" there is an half-dozen of "little
like" sounds.
        You're surely able to compute how many "good" correspondances could
be found between any two languages: incredible!
        With such methods and a touch of imagination, fabulous historical
conclusions can be obtained:
< Ancient dwellers of England were highly attracted by Roman girls and made
< currently razzias to obtain them. That's proved by "woman < romana" and
< "girl < clara" (fair complexion).
        In the same way, you have good forebears: A counsellor of Hitler
(better to forget his name) gave him a good reason to invade England: they
were all Jewish, as proved by "Saxon < Isaac-son".
        There is no doubt that "Turcs in Etruria" is in the same vein.
        Regards,
Dominique

Dominique THILLAUD
Universite' de Nice Sophia-Antipolis, France