Columbia book on Indian poetry ??

Girish Kumar Beeharry physgb1 at MATHOU.UOM.AC.MU
Wed May 13 13:51:16 UTC 1998

N. Ganesan wrote:
>Is there an encyclopaedia of Sanskrit literature, with a page
>or so on each of the important works. Similar encyclopaedias
>on other Indian languages are desirable too.
>There are encyclopaedias on virtually anything,
>except things Indian.

That will happen when the Indians start writing them! :-)

On a more serious note, I have seen that expatriate Indians
are more keen in cultural matters than desi people. Of course,
the expatriates form a very non representative group, castewise. Also,
who will get the various paNDitas from Varanasi, Chennai, Pune etc
to write something in common.

No doubt someone will blame the British for this situation... :-)

Bye,

Girish Kumar Beeharry