Tampering with history

Lars Martin Fosse lmfosse at ONLINE.NO
Thu Jun 18 14:08:45 UTC 1998

>This has some relevance for recent discussion in this forum as the
>Cambridge History of India and the Bharatiya Vidya Bhawan histories
>have rightly been deplored by some eminent ZiSTAs (although the
>recommended alternative is not without problems viz., Kulke-Rothemund
>with its  Kossinna-esque terminology like "Indo-Germans"). Well, you
>ain't seen nothin' yet! Wait for their new volumes on Indian history.

In defence of Kulke-Rothermund, it should perhaps be mentioned that the book
originally was written in German. Perversely or not, the Germans insist upon
calling the Indo-Europeans "Indo-Germanen". I therefore suspect that
"Indo-Germans" is translation error.

>I guess this would mean that Saraswati will now begin to overflow
>(with funds) and we may truthfully say naditame!

>On a lighter note, the impact of this on the dating of the RV will be
>immediate. It will be dated to ca. 10,000 BC at least.

Why not six million BC? It is really eternal, remember?

Lars Martin Fosse

Dr.art. Lars Martin Fosse
Haugerudvn. 76, Leil. 114,
0674 Oslo