Albrecht Weber etc. offprints : clarification

Boris Oguibenine oguibeni at MONZA.U-STRASBG.FR
Tue Jan 6 22:01:32 UTC 1998

On Fri, 19 Dec 1997 10:30:15 -0500, Allen W Thrasher wrote:

>Someone thought my message offering offprints of Weber's papers did not
>make it clear what was offered was duplicate copies of offprints of
>published papers.  We are retaining first copies, usually in the form of the
>bound vols. of the serial or Weber's own bound collections of offprints and
>other pamphlets.  We are retaining any copies of offprints that have
>significant annotations by Weber.  We are even retaining his galley proofs.
>All of these will get some form of cataloging.
>
>We have treated the whole collection with extreme respect and don't want
>to sound like we were giving away _manuscripts_ of his papers or anything
>else unique.
>
>Susan McMahon of Berkeley and Harry Falk of Berlin have put in first and
>second dibs on the duplicate offprints.
>

>Allen W. Thrasher, Ph.D,
>Senior Reference Librarian
>Southern Asia Section
>Asian Division
>LJ150
>Library of Congress
>101 Independence Ave., SE
>Washington, DC 20540-4810
>tel. 202-707-3732
>fax  202-707-1724
>athr at loc.gov

Dear Dr. Thrasher,

please put my library on the list, if possible. We would apreciate to
have the offprints available.

Boris Oguibenine
University of Strasbourg
14, rue Descartes