CSX fonts

John Smith jds10 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Tue Feb 24 14:25:06 UTC 1998

On Tue, 24 Feb 1998, Daniel Baum wrote:

> Under Linux, The Washington Indic fonts do not display the letter e-acute or
> a-acute, either in their Truetype or Type 1 varieties. I have checked using
> Character Map and its Linux equivalent (xfd). Xfd shows these letters to be
> actually missing, while character map under W95 shows them to be there. This
> is very bizarre, as the Truetype font is exactly the same file under both
> operating systems.
>
> What I would really like to do is use xemacs, with a hypertext extension
> called Hyperbole, and TeX. This will work very well if I can only get those
> two letters to display in the Washington font.
>
> Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

Not really. But it seems that what you want boils down to CSX fonts that
will work in TeX. You might like to look at the collection of TeX virtual
fonts, implementing CSX for both Computer Modern and various PostScript
typefaces, that you can find by following the "fonts" link from the URL
given below. I use these on a Linux system and they work fine. (There are
also CSX PostScript and TrueType fonts using a Times-lookalike, in case
these are of use.)

John Smith

Dr J. D. Smith                *  jds10 at cam.ac.uk
Faculty of Oriental Studies   *  Tel. 01223 335140 (Switchboard 01223 335106)
Sidgwick Avenue               *  Fax  01223 335110
Cambridge CB3 9DA             *  http://bombay.oriental.cam.ac.uk/index.html