a Srauta question

Madhav Deshpande mmdesh at UMICH.EDU
Sun Feb 15 13:02:23 UTC 1998

        The best answer I have come up with my own question is that the
KalpasUtra beginning with athaitasya samAmnAyasya and having 16 adhyAyas
is the AsvalAyana-Srauta-sUtra and the AsvalAyana-gRhya-sUtra taken
together.  The first has 12 adhyAyas and the second has 4 adhyAyas.  The
second one takes off where the first one ends: uktAni vaitAnikAni, gRhyANi
vakzyAmaH (AGS 1.1.1).  It looks like my author looked at these two texts
as forming a single Kalpa.
        If there are any other suggestions, I would love to hear them.

                                        Madhav Deshpande