The Cat

Michael Rabe mrabe at ARTIC.EDU
Tue Feb 3 01:47:34 UTC 1998

Better late than never, I hope, you'll want to track down a copy of the
following:

Heras, Fr. H.. "The Hypocritical Cat." Tamil Culture I (1952): 286-319

wherein the dissemination of this story is traced from the Mahabharata as
UR text, all across the Middle East and throughout European literature!

[If you'd can't find it, I'll can send you a xerox copy.

Hope this helps,
Michael Rabe