Vapid ejaculation

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at UCL.AC.UK
Mon Nov 24 10:24:19 UTC 1997

On Sun, 23 Nov 1997, Gautama Vajracharya wrote:

> Obviously you did not invite real scholars.
>
> G.V.

This is just the sort of unconsidered, knee-jerk response that can give
INDOLOGY a bad name.  I agree that Prof. Tokunaga's statement was
controversial, and strongly worded.  Far from being a thoughtful or
interesting contribution, based on a knowledge of classical indology, the
above reaction seems simply intended to wound or insult.

There is a very real possibility that INDOLOGY will cease to be of
interest to professional indologists unless the forum's guidelines are
adhered to.  I have no "religious" committment to the forum: I am quite
happy to shut it down if it ceases to be useful and interesting (and
occasionally funny, I hope). The guidelines are prominently displayed on
the forum's web site.

All the best,
Dominik

--
Dominik Wujastyk            Wellcome Institute for the History of Medicine
email: d.wujastyk at ucl.ac.uk       183 Euston Road, London NW1 2BE, England