Intl Trust for Traditional Medicine (fwd)

Mittal Sushil mittals at MAGELLAN.UMontreal.CA
Wed Jun 18 13:59:59 UTC 1997

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 09:57:58 +1000
From: "T.Matthew Ciolek" <tmciolek at coombs.anu.edu.au>
Subject: Intl Trust for Traditional Medicine

----------------- forwarded message ----------------------

Dear Dr. T. Matthew Ciolek,
we would be grateful to you if you would kindly carry the following news
item within your Virtual Library on homepages related to Tibetan and/or
Asian Studies.
Thanking you.
Sincerely

Barbara Gerke
(Principal Trustee)
International Trust for Traditional Medicine (ITTM)
Vijnana Niwas, Madhuban
Kalimpong 734 01
West Bengal
India

NEWS:
Tri-lingual Encyclopaedic Database of
Ayurveda and Tibetan Medicine
A long-term project
initiated by
International Trust for Traditional Medicine (ITTM)
Vijnana Niwas, Madhuban
Kalimpong 734 01
West Bengal
India
phone: 0091-3552-56459
e-mail: Barbara Gerke [Barbara at scs.lwbbs.com] or Sorin Suciu
[sorins at hotmail.com]

assisted by:

Berhampur University Linguistic Association (BULA)
Gouri Shankar Mahapatro, Secretary General,
Sastri Nagar (near Zanana Hospital)
Berhampur 76001
Orissa
Phone: 0091 - (0)680 - 204088; Fax: 022322

We welcome scholars & researchers to assist us in preparing a
comprehensive
Tri-lingual Encyclopaedic Database - Sanskrit, Tibetan, English -
on the traditional medical cultures of India and Tibet.

This project started in 1996 and, at this initial stage, aims to compile
1. A Bibliographic Database of Sanskrit and Tibetan Medical Literature
and
2. A Glossary Database of Sanskrit and Tibetan Medical Terms with their
English Equivalents.

To avoid duplication of time and effort we would like to make use of
international networking!

You may like to support the project by sending already available
electronic data of:
1. bibliographies of original Sanskrit and Tibetan medical literature
and
2. glossaries and lexicographic works including Sanskrit and Tibetan
medical terms (including materia medica).

All contributions will be gratefully acknowledged in the project.

You may send available data to: Sorin Sociu [sorins at hotmail.com]
or in simple text format on 3.5 floppies by registered mail to:
Barbara Gerke, Principal Trustee, ITTM, Vijnana Niwas, Madhuban,
Kalimpong 734 301, West Bengal, India.

The Trust also welcomes book donations on Tibetan and Ayurvedic
medicine, Tibetan & Sanskrit Studies and allied areas.

We also welcome qualified Sanskrit & Tibetan language scholars and
medical practitioners  to join the project in India on a voluntary
and/or contractual basis. We provide food & lodging and work facilities
at the ITTM Headquarters "Vijnana Niwas", situated on a quiet hillside
3km outside Kalimpong town at an altitude of  around 4000ft., in
Darjeeling District, Eastern Himalayas. Researchers will have the
opportunity of getting lexicographic computer training at ITTM as well
as related travel and library exposure within India.

For details  kindly contact:
Barbara Gerke, Principal Trustee, ITTM, Vijnana Niwas, Madhuban,
Kalimpong 734 301, West Bengal, India.
Requests for participation may be sent along with C.V. to the same
address.