Baring the right shoulder

Francois.Voegeli at orient.unil.ch Francois.Voegeli at orient.unil.ch
Thu Oct 3 08:56:22 UTC 1996

On Thu, 3 Oct 1996 00:25:36 BST, Dominique Thillaud wrote:

>Otherwise, to make the pradaksina is not specifically an indian ritual: we
>have celtic and latin testimonies and, very recently in France, ritual
      ^^^^^^
>processions made the pradaksina around fountains (Louis Dumont, La
>Tarasque). And in France, there is no restriction on the use of the left
>hand.

As far as I know the so-called "Celts" never wrote anything about their
culture and religious ideas. The only written testimonies we have of them
are a few commercial contracts written mainly with the greek alphabet and a
few "ogams" here and there, the decipherment of which could still be a
matter of debate.
So I would like to know where from these testimonies come.

Francois Voegeli
Fac. des lettres
Section de langues et civilisations orientales
Universite de Lausanne
BFSH 2
CH-1015

Tel.: (41.21) 692-2721