Reincarnation, a New Age fad? (was: Gymnosophists)

jonathan.silk at wmich.edu jonathan.silk at wmich.edu
Tue May 7 17:25:19 UTC 1996

Although perhaps not directly related to this thread I thought I would
mention it here:  yesterday I had the happy chance to discover an article by
Peter Masefield in _Religion_ (about 10 years ago, but I cannot recall the
exact vol. #) called "The Muni and the Moonies" in which he argues for the
early Buddhist Church as something of a cult (that should be "cult" I
suppose), in many ways not unlike the moonies.  The article, by one of the
most interesting students of Pali literature working today, is well worth a
read.

Silk