Khajuraho oops! Indology

RAJAGOPALANM at HARPO.TNSTATE.EDU RAJAGOPALANM at HARPO.TNSTATE.EDU
Wed Mar 6 20:58:46 UTC 1996

Dear Tritsch,
As I said before in my posted letters  those figures on the temple do not
have the purpose of having sexuality as a message. So do not go to khajuraho
with the hope of a good nice sexy show if that is your intention. As I
posted earlier the verses on the walls of the temple indicate that the
temple stands for  the noblest of human values . Some viewers do not want
the same story repeated again and again . But I could not help it
since you brought it up. The age old writngs  which started with some westerners
who gave their interpreyretation about the temple stands for does seem to be
valid .The  purpose of the temple is well interpreted by its users and
the hindu literature on temples in general and the writing on the wall in
particular.   M. Rajagopalan