Locating for Early Computer Indologists

Mittal Sushil mittals at ERE.UMontreal.CA
Sat Jun 15 19:44:42 UTC 1996

On Sat, 15 Jun 1996, John Gardner wrote:

> Several of us have been working with an e-text of the Rig Veda found at the
> Oxford Text Archive, deposited via Rutgers (RLIN) which apparently was
> done in the 1970's (the records are unclear). the complilers were H.S.
> Ananthanarayana and W.P. Lehmann.  These are the only names available in
> the citation.  Whether done in the 70's or not (imagine, though, with
> those low-memory early 5 1/4" disks, and a text that size!), does anyone
> know of either individual or how they could be reached.  Their code is
> quite impressively systematic and we were hoping to contact them to learn
> more about the procedure they used.
>
> Any help would be greatly welcome
>
> Thank you in advance,
>
> John Robert Gardner
> University of Iowa

Winfred P. Lehmann is the director of the Linguistics Research Center at
The University of Texas at Austin (P.O. Box 7247, Austin, Texas
78713-7247. Center's Tel 512-471-4566 Fax 512-471-6084 Email:
LRC at utxvms.cc.utexas.edu).

Sushil Mittal
International Institute of India Studies