Commercial "slamming"

y.r.rani at mail.utexas.edu y.r.rani at mail.utexas.edu
Sun Feb 11 14:11:43 UTC 1996

Dear F.J. Martinez Garcia,

It is my understanding that there is not much an unmoderated list can do to
prevent this type of unsolicited commercial, called "slamming."  A
moderator can filter them out, but unmoderated lists are subject to this
type of advertising invasion.  Luckily, there are not TOO many of these
types of messages slamming the Indology list.  It is my understanding that
the computer/server can not determine, on its own, which messages are
commercial slams and which are genuine posts from list members.

>About this recent message.
>It doesn't belong in anyway to the list.
>The given adress is not a real one. What should we do with this kind
>of unsolicited commercials?

Yvette C. Rosser
---+-}---+-}--+-<@
               ----+-}---+-}---+-<@
                               ----+-}---+-}---+-<@
-<@>-<@>-<@>-<@>-<@>-<@>-<@>-<@>-<@>-<@>-<@>-<@>-

Generate Ideas and Events to Promote Peace and Justice--
in YOUR OWN Community--Create & Celebrate:
                The First International
     -<@>-  DAY WITHOUT VIOLENCE   -<@>-
                   - APRIL 4, 1996 -
http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/~iwork/peacetxt.htm

"When a pickpocket looks at a saint, all he can
see are his pockets.   --Neem Karoli Baba