Q: Norman fonts

Swami Vishvarupananda omkar at giasdl01.vsnl.net.in
Thu Dec 12 06:11:34 UTC 1996

Arash Zeini wrote:
> I am searching for Devanagari fonts for Windows 95.
> Can anybody help me to find them ?
> It would be very good to have True Type ones.

There are many companies in India who sell Devanagari font (True Type), but
most of them are not very beautiful. One really very nice Company I found
at a recent exhibition in Delhi is LEAP. They have a lot of beautiful True
Type fonts for many if not all Indian Languages and they even offer a
Software in which automatically the right ligatures are formed while typing
as on a Hindi-typewriter. Moreover, text can be directly (merely by
changing the font formatting) transcribed into international roman
transliteration or into any other Indian script. The software and fonts are
available both for MS-Windows & Macintosh. I was really impressed by their
demonstration.

The Software:
	1. Leap: Indian Language Word Processor on Windows
	2. ISM: ISFOC Script Manager (needed for proper Sanskrit)
The Address of the company:
	Gist Group,
	Centre for Development of Advanced Computing,
	Pune University Campus, Ganesh Khind,
	Pune 411 007, INDIA

	e-mail: 	gist at cdac.ernet.in
	Fax:	+91-212-357551