South East Asian Scripts

cardona at unagi.cis.upenn.edu cardona at unagi.cis.upenn.edu
Wed Aug 28 15:49:56 UTC 1996

>As Grantha script has been mentioned, I would like to side-track for a
>moment and ask if anyone knows a good source book for learning this script
>(preferably one available outside of India). All suggestions are welcome.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Martin Gansten

There is a short work that you might find useful: A Primer in Grantha
Characters by K. Venugopalam of Deccan College, published by James H. Nye,
319 West Swift Street, St. Peter, Minnesota 56082 USA (1983).  The
publisher's address may well have changed since the date of publication,
but you might be able to get a copy from a bookseller in India.  George
Cardona