Sadratnamala

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at ucl.ac.uk
Tue Oct 31 10:58:56 UTC 1995

The Sadratnamala is a Keralan work on jyotisa, of the tantra type, in
six chapters.  It was composed in 1823 by Sankaravarman of Katattanat
(1800--38).  He was a prince, also known as Appu Tampuran, and belonged
to the royal house of Tampuran in North Malabar.  The Sadratnamala was
published with auto-commentary in the Malayalam monthly Kavanodayam,
vol. 16, 1898, Calicut.

Information from the excellent _A history of the Keral school of Hindu
astronomy_ by K. V. Sarma (Hoshiarpur, Vishvesharanand Institute, 1972).
No ISBN.

--

Dominik Wujastyk,
Wellcome Institute,

FAX: +44 171 611 8545
email: d.wujastyk at ucl.ac.uk

For my PGP public key etc., see my WWW home page:
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/~ucgadkw/wujastyk.html