CALL FOR VOTE

Enrica Garzilli garzilli at shore.net
Sat Nov 25 21:44:45 UTC 1995

On Sat, 25 Nov 1995, Will Wagers wrote:

> The first call for votes (CFV) for the moderated group
> sci.philosophy.natural has been posted in news.groups.
>
> HOW TO VOTE

It is extremely impolite and against the netiquette to post a "HOW TO
VOTE" for a newsgroup in a mailing list.
There are newsgroups ONLY for that purpose.
Usenet is democratic and free = everybody can partecipate but should
respect certain rules.
BTW, Will Wagers filled up many times my inbox in this list with empty
msgs, as well as personal msgs, re his projects. After trying many times to
open a mailing list at the biggest US Universities (for the name, and to
use it for nothing, otherwise there are commercial providers wich most of
us use) this person decides to use Usenet against the recognised rules.
I write in this list because I receive from it many long and improper msgs
with no link at all with Indology (such as: CALL FOR VOTE).

Dott. Enrica Garzilli

to know more about "User Guidelines and Netiquette", see
http://www.fau.edu/rinaldi/net/index.htm