Copper in Ancient India

sjohar at library.usyd.edu.au sjohar at library.usyd.edu.au
Wed Mar 22 00:16:34 UTC 1995

I hope some one on the indology list will be able to help me.

I am working on the archaeology of Western Indian sea ports, and am
currently in quest of the copper trail.

India has always been defficient in copper, and from the 16th century
onwards we have records of copper imports from Japan and Africa.

Prior to this, there are only some stray references to Indian copper imports
in the Geniza documents.

Besides these, have you come across any references to the import of copper ?

I would be very obliged if you could help me.

Sugandha