your mail

Allen Thrasher athr at loc.gov
Fri Dec 15 15:04:05 UTC 1995

How do you think the publisher would respond to a request from a
Sanskritist-librarian to have it on a p.c. at his work, but NOT hooked up
to the library's mainframe, so that it cannot be consulted by people in
other parts of the library or people hooking up to the library's
databases from offsite?  I ask before I send the requested email to the
publisher so I won't get turned down or alarm them, and send this message
to the list as well as to Peter Schreiner because it may be of interest
to other librarians on the list.

Allen Thrasher
Library of Congress