Question about Hanumaji .

hshah at ccmail.muller.com hshah at ccmail.muller.com
Fri Apr 21 22:09:27 UTC 1995

     Last Friday night I went to this Hanuman Mandir in Long Island for
     Hanuman Jayanti celebrations. It was fun. But, I was sort of shocked
     looking at the happenings in this temple. It brought up a lot of
     questions in my mind. Maybe someone could address them.

     Hanumaji was a Brahamachari. Are women allowed to touch his idol ?
     Are women allowed to do his aarti ?
     I have never seen this happening in India. Are people in India just
     too orthodox ? or Are people in this temple more liberal ?

     This temple is run by a women, who is a expert astrologer. Throughout
     her speech she referred to Hanumanji as Baba. Have you ever heard that
     before ?

     I will greatly appreciate if someone could shed some light on this
     subject.