Aryans and Dravidians: Summary for non-experts by non-expert

Satyanad Kichenassamy kichenas at s5.math.umn.edu
Tue Sep 20 19:00:16 UTC 1994

In a recent message, Dileep Karanth says:
        [...]
	3)	The only thing that can be said conclusively is that the languages
	of India, and of many other countries to its west and north show many
	similarities. But these could equally well be due to the migration of
	Indians westward. I think that the Kak school is saying that there is as
        [...]

I think he was referring to the Indo-European languages of India.
A theory which does not take into account the existence
of the Dravidian group cannot be considered to be completely
satisfactory.

                                  Satyanad Kichenassamy
                                  School of Mathematics
                                  U. of Minnesota