Sanskrit to be an elective subject in schools

pclaus at s1.csuhayward.edu pclaus at s1.csuhayward.edu
Wed Oct 12 13:16:11 UTC 1994

There is a village in the Malnad region of Karnataka (Shimoga Dist.
I think) where I am told the language is Sanskrit.  The name of the
village slips my mind at the moment, but I could find it out for you
if you need it.  It is a relatively recent village decree, and the
village is largely (entirely?) made up of members of the Brahmin
community. How strictly it is enforced I don't know.
Peter J. Claus