Witzel request for addresses

aklujkar at unixg.ubc.ca aklujkar at unixg.ubc.ca
Fri Mar 18 17:20:28 UTC 1994

scholars:

I recently learned with great regret that Prof. R.C. Dvivedi (Univ. of
Rajasthan) died while trying to board a train that was in the process of
leaving the platform.

I met Vrajavallabha Dwiveda at Sampurnananda Sanskrit University, Varanasi,
in 1977. In Prof. Witzel s specification "Amritavagbhava Dviveda
Vrajavallabha," could "Amritavagbhava" be a title/honorific?

If K.C. Pande is the same as Kanti Candra Pandey/Pandeya who was associated
with Lucknow and wrote on Indian aesthetics, then it is possible that he is
unfortunately no more.  I would, of course, love to be wrong on this count.
 An inquiry with the Department of Sanskrit or the Abhinava-gupta
Institute, University of Lucknow, may help.

The Abhinava-gupta Institute should be able to help also with the address
of Jayadev Singh.

What I have guessed about K.C. Pandey/Pandeya on the basis of his age,
probably applies also to J.N. Sinha, Calcutta, if he is identical with Jadu
Nath Sinha who published books on Indian philosophy.

Debabrata SenSharma s institutional affiliation should be there somewhere
is his most  recent publication known to me: The Philosophy of Saadhanaa
... Albany: SUNY Press, 1990.

Ashok Aklujkar, Professor, Department of Asian Studies, University of B.C.,
Vancouver, B.C., Canada V6T 1Z2. Tel: (604) 822-5185, (604) 274-5353. Fax
822-8937.