Vedic Studies

sgambhir at sas.upenn.edu sgambhir at sas.upenn.edu
Mon Nov 15 22:00:34 UTC 1993

I find the reaction to the creation of the Vedic Institute at Columbia more
political than academic. Personally I would like to see huge sums of money
go to rural upliftment of India and other parts of the world, and for
providing formal education to those who are deprived of it. This is,
however, my view of the investment. If Mr. Hinduja chooses to invest his
money for Vedic studies, I do not find any thing wrong with it. It is a
pious act aimed at scholarly investigation and understanding of one of the
richest heritages of the world. - S.Gambhir