Paali/Buddhist Studies in French??

Mathieu Boisvert R24340 at EARN.UQAM
Fri Sep 18 02:07:08 UTC 1992

I have just been hired has a full-time professor at a francophone
university in Montreal.  Since I spent the last 12 years studying
Buddhism in an anglophone university, most of my bibliographical
entries are in English.  Can anyone recommend works on Buddhism in
French THAT ARE STILL AVAILABLE (except those by La Vallee Poussin,
Lamotte, Foucher, and Bareau)?  More precisely, do you know if parts
the Paali canon (especially the Vinayapit.aka) have been translated into
French?  I know that the first ten discourses of the Majjhimanikaaya
have been translated by Jean Bertrand-Bocande, that the first 3 discourses
of the Diighanikaaya were translated by Bloch, Filliozat and Renou, and
that some miscellaneous suttas by Wijayaratna.  Has the attempt to
translate the Diigha and the Majjhima been pushed further?
One last question: does anyone have the E-Mail address of Buddhist
scholars currently teaching in French universities?

If you have any information on the above items, I would greatly appreciate
if you answer me personally (there is no need of overcrowding the discussion
group).
Thank you very much,
Mathieu Boisvert
ú MAILER CUNYVM  9/17/92
§Network Mailer      R24340 at UQAM          9/17/92 mail delivery error
=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=
5
LINE 1 %DATE
LINE 3 %SUBJ
LINE 4 %END     %IDEND   %IDSTART