India-D an edited discussion list available to non-Unix too

Ajit Ranade AKR at EDU.BROWN.BROWNVM
Sat Sep 14 17:58:41 UTC 1991

Since there has been some interest about soc.culture.india, which is
basically a free-for-all discussion list, I thought I might point
Indology list subsribers to an edited discussion list called INDIA-D.
It is anonymously edited and comes with an index of topics covered. It
does sometimes carry cross postings from s.c.i. and also has a bias toward
contemporary topics. (But then I am reminded about a series of nine
articles in INDIA-D which were transcripts of talks on Vedic Science
given in University of Wisconsin. These talks were given by the director
of National Chemical Laboratories, Pune, India. They can also be retrieved
by anonymous ftp. But I digress.) Moreover INDIA-D can be subscribed from
anywhere (no restriction to be citizen of Unixland, as in the case of s.c.i.).
I am reproducing below the blurb which comes with every issue of INDI-D.
As far as I know INDIA-D comes out once in two or three days.
Hope this is helpful.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    I    N    N  DDDDD      I      AA            DDDDD
    I    NN   N  D    D     I     A  A           D    D
    I    N N  N  D    D     I    A    A  +++++   D    D
    I    N  N N  D    D     I    AAAAAA          D    D
    I    N   NN  D    D     I    A    A          D    D
    I    N    N  DDDDD      I    A    A          DDDDD
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
o                        oooooooPLEASE NOTEooooooooooo                      o
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
o 1.    India-d is a forum for seeking and dispensing information.  It is
o       a forum, where YOU can express your views and opinions.  India-d
o       is anonymously edited.
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
o 2.    We encourage widest possible distribution of this digest.  You are
o       welcome to distribute copies of this digest to your friends.
o 3.    Send Replies or Contributions to editor at andy.bgsu.edu
o       (instead of using reply-mail)
o 4.    Please Supply Appropriate Subject Header
o 5.    Send Subscription Requests to editor-request at andy.bgsu.edu
o                                or
o 6.    use bitnet interactive commands -
o       TELL LISTSERV AT UKCC SUBSCRIBE INDIA-D Your Name [VM/CMS system]
o       SEND LISTSERV at UKCC SUBSCRIBE INDIA-D your name    [VMS system]
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo